- Chick Corea on his new sampled Rhodes for the Yamaha Motif XF.
- Ruben Valtierra on gear and gigging with Weird Al Yankovic.
- Legendary jazz pianist Freddy Cole interviewed.
Get news and post comments at www.facebook.com/KeyboardMagazine.
Follow us @keyboardmag on Twitter.
Discuss, debate, and share with fellow keyboardists at The Keyboard Corner forum.
Keith Jarrett: The Power of Being in the Moment, by Jon Regen
Com Truise Serves Spaced-Out Synth Stabs in a Tasty Galactic Melt, by Lori Kennedy
- Check out the mini-movie video for “Brokendate.”
5 Ways to Play Like Keith Jarrett, by Andy LaVerne
One-Chord Soloing: Part 2, by John Novello
- Listen to John Novello's "Orient Xpress," specifically the keyboard solo over the Am7 chord. Can you spot all the techniques from this lesson?
Voice Lead Like a Pro: Part 2, by Clifford Carter
Arranging Sampled Strings, by David Baron
The Junkers Blues, by Jon Cleary
The Integrated Synth-Based Studio, by Francis Preve
- Get the author's Ableton project for syncing your Korg Monotribe to Live.
The Art of Synth Soloing: Pitch-Bend Master Class, by Jerry Kovarsky
5 Things I've Learned About Producing Records, by Steve Lillywhite as told to Jon Regen
Sound Design and Mix Tips, by Francis Preve
Make Your Own Slicing Presets in Ableton Live, by Francis Preve
Sonic Core: SCOPE Xite-1, by Craig Anderton
MOTU: MachFive 3, by Peter Kirn
Clavia: Nord Electro 3HP, by Michael Gallant
- Go deep into the original Electro 3 in our 2009 review.
- Hear original audio examples of the author playing the 3HP - Ex. 1, Ex. 2, Ex. 3, Ex. 4, and Ex. 5.
Novation: Impulse 61, by Barry Cleveland
Marcodi: Harpejji G16, by Stephen Fortner
Eventide: Space, by Robbie Gennet
Korg: iElectribe, by Francis Preve
- CLICK HERE for a Flickr slideshow of Keith Emerson's Moog Modular synth!
Thanks for reading! See you next month!