- Go behind the scenes at the 2012 Grammy Awards.
- Tommy Lee and DJ Aero on making dirty electro.
- Rock keyboard lessons from Chuck Leavell of the Rolling Stones!
Get news and post comments at www.facebook.com/KeyboardMagazine.
Follow us @keyboardmag on Twitter.
Discuss, debate, and share with fellow keyboardists at The Keyboard Corner forum.
KEY SECRETS - Using Ambient Sounds as Synth Pads
Marian Petrescu: The Next Great Jazz Virtuoso, by Robbie Gennet
Expensive Looks: On Samplecraft and Circuit-Bending, by Lori Kennedy
Think Like a Section, by Brian Charette
Strategies for Supporting Singer-Songwriters, by Josh Dodes
Improvise With Intervals, by Alan Pasqua
Hot New Gear of 2012: Standouts From the Winter NAMM Show, by Stephen Fortner
The Art of Synth Soloing: Pitch-Bend as Manual Vibrato, by Jerry Kovarsky
- Our good friend Jordan Rudess is a master of these techniques and an excellent communicator. This Moog video encompasses many techniques we’ve been learning, including manual vibrato.
- This Korg demo shows how Jordan uses a joystick on some of his signature leads—start around 5:05.
- This vintage Rock School episode shows off Jan Hammer’s wheel technique, not to mention some classic ’80s clothes and gear! Jan shows up at 3:37.
- Korg Prophecy promo, with plenty of close-ups of Jan’s hands.
Monster Leads Part 1, by Francis Preve
Propellerhead Reason 6, by Jim Aikin
Vienna Symphonic Library Vienna Ensemble Pro 5, by John Krogh
Korg Monotron Delay and Monotron Duo, by Gino Robair
- Check out original audio from the winners of Korg's Monomania sound contest.
- Video clip of daisy-chained Monotrons in action.
Thanks for reading! See you next month!