- Adam Wakeman teaches you famous Ozzy Osbourne licks
- Jeff Babko shows you his Jimmy Kimmel Live keyboard setup
- First look: Steinberg Nuendo 5
Get news and post comments at www.facebook.com/KeyboardMagazine.
Follow us @keyboardmag on Twitter.
Discuss, debate, and share with fellow keyboardists at The Keyboard Corner forum.
THIEVES LIKE US: Chillwave on the Cheap
FRONT LINE ASSEMBLY: Wilhelm Leeb on Analog Vs. Virtual
Five Ways To Play Like KENNY KIRKLAND
- Audio examples - refer to sheet music on pp. 24-26.
Ex. 1 Ex. 2a Ex. 2b Ex. 3a Ex.3b Ex. 3c Ex. 4a Ex. 4b Ex. 5a Ex. 5b Ex. 5c
- Kenny Kirkland plays "Steepian Faith"
- Kenny tearing it up with Sting on "Been Down So Long"
THE WORLD ACCORDION TO GIL
- Audio examples - refer to sheet music on pp. 28-30.
Ex. 1: Bellows Workout Ex. 2: Button Up Ex. 3: All Together Now!
SAMURAI KEYS by Scott Healy
- Audio examples - refer to sheet music on pp. 32-36. Ex. 1. Right hand organ lines, left hand Wurly comps. Ex. 2. Right hand string line, left hand piano Ex. 3. Right hand organ chords, left hand piano comping Ex. 4. Right hand synth line, left hand Rhodes.
- Videos: Legendary multi-keys samurai Benmont Tench
- Exclusive Keyboard video: Devo's synths and studio with Mark Mothersbaugh!
- DEVO news, tour dates, and more!
- Synth secrets from producer Greg Kurstin - Coming Soon!
- Audio examples
Fender Rhodes.mp3 Nintendo Square.mp3 Sidechaining.mp3 Sine Wave Bass.mp3 Eighth Note Saw Comp.mp3 That Trance Sound.mp3 White Noise Whoosh.mp3
- Great documentary about the Roland TB-303
- Consult Eno’s Oblique Strategies on the web
MICHAEL BRAUER On Playing Your Mixer Like an Instrument
- Tons more gear photos from Brauer's
- Video: Mixing master class with Michael Brauer
- Extended interview coming soon
STEAL THIS SOUND
- Get the free soft synth Automat from Alphakanal
- Madonna's "Lucky Star" Extended notes, audio examples, and downloadable patch for Automat on the author's mirror site.
- Demos with string resonance on and off
- Video: Walkthroughs of the Nord Piano's sounds
- Original audio examples COMING SOON
MUSE RESEARCH RECEPTOR 2
- Hot tips for playing your Receptor live
- Tons of tutorial videos
- Grand Central for all Receptor-ready plug-ins
E-MU LONGBOARD 61 and SHORTBOARD 49
- Video: Demo at Keyboard headquarters
- Original tune by author Ken Hughes using only E-mu SHORTboard sounds. Says Ken, "This audio demo was recorded into Pro Tools LE 7.1.3 with the E-mu PIPEline wireless receiver’s S/PDIF output connected to my Mbox 2 Pro’s S/PDIF input. I used Reason for the drum programming, which I preferred to the General MIDI drums in the SHORTboard. Everything was played live to audio with no quantizing. MIDI wasn’t used. Showcased here are the grand piano’s loveliness, the malleability of the sounds (see if you can pick out the heavily filtered and effected CP70) and the sheer fatness of it all. This is not a cheap-sounding keyboard, its low price and GM sounds aside."
- Tutorial videos
- Custom samples from Craig Anderton - coming soon.