Welcome to Keyboard magazine's web resource page for the October 2010 issue.
This page assumes that you have that magazine in your hands, and got here by typing in the URL given in all those More Online "dashboards" throughout the various articles. Everything below will also be embedded in the actual stories when they go live on the web at the beginning of June, but because you subscribe to the print and/or digital editions--or because you found the issue on a newsstand good and early--you get the June links, videos, and audio examples now. It's good to be you!
Simply scroll down to the section of the mag for which you're looking for the More Online extras and click away. Each month, the Keyboard editors and contributors will enrich your reading experience with more artist videos, more tech tutorials, more downloadable synth patches--pretty much the best of everything we can find about that month's subjects. So look for those More Online dashboards in each issue to take advantage of everything our own website and others have to offer keyboard players, composers, sound designers, and producers.
- Josh Charles teaches you smokin' New Orleans-style piano.
- Video first looks: Arturia Analog Experience and Zoom R24 recorder.
- Our 2005 tribute marking the passing of Bob Moog.
Get news and post comments at www.facebook.com/KeyboardMagazine.
Follow us @keyboardmag on Twitter.
Discuss, debate, and share with fellow keyboardists at The Keyboard Corner forum.
KRISTEN LAWRENCE: Halloween Deserves Carols, Too!
MALCOLM JACKSON: Accidentally Major
Misha Piatigorsky: BRAZILIAN JAZZ BASICS
- Audio examples - refer to sheet music on pp. 22-23.
Ex. 1 - Rootless Chord Voicings Ex.2- Rhythmic Subdivision Ex.3 -It's Got That Swing Ex.4 -All Elements Together
- Samba videos by Tania Maria, Cidinho Teixeira, and Eliane Elias.
Jordan Rudess: A PITCHBEND PRIMER
- Audio examples - refer to sheet music on pp. 24-27.
Ex. 1 - Blues/Rock Bends Ex. 2 - Interval Bends Ex. 3 - Guitar Bends Ex. 4 - Upward Bends with Repeats Ex. 5 - Multiple Bends
THE MINIMOOG AT 40
- Bob Moog talks about the making of the Minimoog Voyager.
- Our reviews of original Minimoog Voyager.
- Our review of the Voyager Old School.
BOB MOOG LIVES: Ways You Can Help the Bob Moog Foundation
- Volunteer, donate, or buy cool swag.
- Make music? Donate a track to sell on the Foundation's iTunes store.
- Donate part of your eBay proceeds to the Foundation via MissionFish.
- Donate items for auction via the Foundation's eBay store.
- Rock out at MoogFest 2010, which gives the Foundation $1 for every ticket sold.
- Pepsi Refresh Everything contest - we're sorry, but this link is no longer valid.
DANCE: Percussion Grooves from Scratch
- Audio examples
Step 2 - Found Sounds Step 4 - Sequenced and Chopped
FIVE LEGENDARY MINIMOOG SOUNDS
- Audio examples Super Funky Bass 1 2 3 4 Rush "Tom Sawyer" Lead 1 2 3 ELP "Lucky Man" Lead 1 2 3 4 Wakeman Wah 1 2 3 4 Pseudo-Theremin 1 2 3 Archive of Steal This Sound audio at the author's site
- Visit these artists online Richard Dinsdale Josh Gabriel Josh Harris Patch Park
- Our full review of FXpansion Strobe - a part of DCAM Synth Squad.
- Our full review of Native Instruments Absynth 5.
CASIO PRIVIA PX-3
- Keyboard Video: Privia PX-3 Unboxing and First Play.
- Casio's Mike Martin demos the PX-3 at retailer Kraft Music.
MOOG MUSIC TAURUS 3
PROPELLERHEAD REASON 5 / RECORD 1.5 DUO