Below are multimedia and bonus extras as promised in our November 2016 print issue, featuring the cover story on Norah Jones, Five Ways to Play Like Esbjorn Svensson, Left-Han Power Practice and Intro to the Montuno. Want to make sure you never miss an issue and have all the stories that these extras go with? Subscribe now!
Try our Weekend Chops Builders: classic techniques, lessons, and warm-ups from past issues of Keyboard.
Cover Story: Norah Jones
- Watch Norah Jones’ video for the song “Flipside.”
- View the trailer for Hearing Is Believing
- Read more about the film at rachelflowersfilm.com
See Dave Bryce's exclusive video interview with Rachel Flowers
- Watch Peter Levin playing Hammond organ, Minimoog, and piano
5 Ways to Sound like Esbjörn Svensson
- The Esbjörn Svensson Trio plays "Dodge the Dodo”
- Hear exclusive audio examples from this lesson online.
A Montuno Primer
- Watch Joe Arroyo play “La Rebelíon.”
Hear Doug Emery play the audio examples from this lesson online.
Left-Hand Power Practice
- Matt Beck with Rob Thomas: “Streetcorner Symphony”
Hear exclusive audio examples from this lesson online
The Art of Synth Soloing: Mark Gray—A Taste of NYC Fusion
Sound Design: Adding It Up—Understanding and Exploring Additive Synthesis
Listen to audio examples from this lesson.
Tone 2 Icarus
- Download our loop 6-pack that was created using Icarus.
Thanks for reading Keyboard magazine! See you next month!