TEL AVIV, ISRAEL, October 6, 2014 — Waves Audio is now shipping its new Codex Wavetable Synth, a cutting-edge polyphonic synthesizer based on an advanced granular wavetable engine and powered by Waves’ Virtual Voltage technology. Designed to create sounds that range from warm acoustic and analog emulations to completely new, never-before-heard intricate and evolving textures, Codex’s sound design capabilities put infinite possibilities at your fingertips.
The Waves Codex synth comes with hundreds of original sound presets, but also lets you import your own wavetables and manipulate them as you like. Thanks to its advanced formant control technology, Codex maintains consistent resonance character that is true to the original signal and gives you direct control over the acoustic resonance of the sound. Codex also innovatively uses a high-resolution FFT-based automatic interpolation technology that results in extraordinarily smooth morphing as you sweep through wavetables.
The original design of Codex’s oscillators, combined with the dynamic visual display of the synth’s waveforms, allows you to create very complex sounds with very simple settings – and this is before you even start adding the bells and whistles of the built-in modulators, effects and arpeggiator/sequencer.
Combining analog subtractive synthesis components with an intuitive layout, Codex lets you customize existing presets or build custom patches from the ground up. And thanks to the user-friendly single-page GUI, everything is laid out conveniently in front of you so that the entire patch can be seen at all times, freeing you to focus on what matters most – your creativity.
Waves Codex features:
- Cutting-edge polyphonic wavetable synthesizer
- Powered by Waves’ Virtual Voltage technology
- Formant control – direct control over the acoustic resonance of the sound
- Wavetable (sample) importing
- User-replaceable wavetables
- Integrated chorus, delay, reverb, distortion and bit crusher effects
- Arpeggiator/16-step sequencer
- Dynamic visual display of waveforms
- Plugin and standalone instrument
- Introducing the Waves Codex Wavetable Synth: http://youtu.be/z5bvL7vvGRc
- Waves Codex Wavetable Synth Demo with Yoad Nevo: http://youtu.be/QA_Exa_B_Fs
- A Peek at the Waves Codex Synth with Producer/DJ Jack Conte: http://youtu.be/TKuNXBpqrFc
- Waves Codex Synth Tutorial with Michael PA: http://youtu.be/le28ALEUZ84