Latest iterations of Steinberg’s mastering and editing software applications, WaveLab Pro 9 and WaveLab Elements 9, combine best audio quality and smooth operation with a sheer endless number of advanced tools for mastering facilities, music studios, sound designers, journalists and broadcasters
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH today announced the immediate availability of WaveLab Pro 9, a major update to the award-winning audio editing/mastering software, and WaveLab Elements 9, the basic version including all the essential tools.
Both Pro and Elements versions come with a new look and feel to the applications, including the MasterRig mastering plug-in suite, a new SoX-based Resampler and many workflow enhancements.
WaveLab Pro 9 and WaveLab Elements 9 now feature an overhauled single-window user interface with new ribbon tabs and a multi-monitor-friendly window docking system. The redesigned Master Section provides twelve insert slots in the Pro version and five slots in the Elements version, including the high-class Resampler based on SoX algorithms. WaveLab Pro’s Master Section also offers flexible channel processing and new metering/monitoring, now with M/S support. Its projects can be managed easier with File Groups, an option that allows single audio files to be grouped individually.
MasterRig is WaveLab Pro’s new plug-in suite consisting of six multiband modules, most of which are available twice: the Imager and Limiter, while the Dynamic EQ, Compressor, EQ and Saturator modules also support mid/side processing per band. In WaveLab Elements, MasterRig comprises five plug-in modules: EQ, Compressor, Limiter, Saturator and Imager.
Enhancements to WaveLab Pro 9 and WaveLab Elements expedite setup and access: the Startup dialog and File tab assist users when creating new or opening up existing WaveLab files and tools, while allowing for easy configuration. The Project Manager is exclusively available in the Pro version, providing a convenient overview of large projects.
Newly introduced is the exchange feature that links WaveLab directly to Cubase (and which will also be available for Nuendo). Seamlessly accessing audio files from Steinberg’s DAWs allow these to benefit from WaveLab’s many restoration, editing, analysis and mastering tools.
Other new features included in WaveLab Pro 9 are the Multiband Expander and Multiband Envelope Shaper, envelope-based automation for clip-based send effects, surround rendering for MP3 and AAC formats, extended multi-rendering capability and its customizable file naming scheme.
“This new WaveLab version is the most comprehensive update in more than 20 years of product history and sets a completely new standard for mastering and broadcasting. The new user interface is among the most forward-thinking layouts available today and faster to learn and to operate than any previous version of WaveLab. We’ve also heavily invested in MasterRig, the most complete, high-quality plug-in suite we’ve ever crafted. Existing Cubase users will also value the new WaveLab Exchange feature, a direct connection with Cubase that allows you to create your personal mix and mastering workflow,” said Timo Wildenhain, Senior Marketing Manager at Steinberg.
Visit www.steinberg.net/wavelab for details on WaveLab Pro 9 and WaveLab Elements 9.
Availability and pricing
The WaveLab Pro 9 full retail version is available from authorized Steinberg resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop. The suggested retail price is $579.00.
The WaveLab Pro 9 update from WaveLab 8.5 plus further updates and upgrades are available as download through the Steinberg Online Shop. The suggested retail price for the WaveLab Pro 9 update from WaveLab 8.5 is $99.99.
The WaveLab Elements 9 full retail version is available from authorized Steinberg resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop. The suggested retail price is $99.99.
Customers who have activated WaveLab versions 7, 8 and 8.5 or WaveLab Elements versions 7 and 8 since February 2, 2016, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to the latest version.
Key features of WaveLab Pro 9
- World’s leading audio editing and mastering solution with up to 384 kHz sample rate support
- Revolutionary new user interface with innovative windows docking system
- New master section with 12 effect slots plus extended monitoring and processing functions
- Fully M/S compatible: comprehensive M/S audio editing, processing and monitoring
- MasterRig high-end mastering plug-in suite including 6 modules, 8 instances and full M/S support
- Advanced EBU R128-compliant loudness metering, including a loudness graph, loudness meta normalizing and true peak support
- High-quality SoX-based Resampler, Multiband Expander and Multiband Envelope Shaper
- WaveLab Project Manager and customizable naming scheme
- Direct exchange of audio files with Cubase and Nuendo
Key features of WaveLab Elements 9
- Audio editing and mastering software, tailored to hobby musicians, podcasters, journalists and home studio owners
- Revolutionary new user interface and innovative windows docking system
- New master section with 5 effect slots
- MasterRig mastering plug-in including 5 plug-in modules: EQ, Compressor, Limiter, Saturator and Imager
- High-quality SoX-based Resampler, plug-in management and organization for simplified overview of all plug-ins used within the project
- Enhanced editing workflow with volume clip handles and auto-replay option
- CD burning engine and metadata support for multiple formats
- Direct exchange of audio files with Cubase and Nuendo
About Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Steinberg is known the world over for its music and audio software and hardware solutions. The company has been developing, manufacturing and selling innovative products for musicians and producers in the music, film, post production and multimedia industries since 1984. Steinberg products are used by Grammy and Oscar award-winning composers, engineers and producers. The company also offers business customers license-management and copy-protection systems.
Visit www.steinberg.net for further details.