New iPhone App brings Wi Fi remote control to SSL’s X-Patch software controlled analogue patch bay
OXFORD, ENGLAND— Solid State Logic, the world’s leading manufacturer of professional digital and analogue consoles, has released their first iPhone App. The ‘Remote Control For X-Patch’ can be downloaded for free from the iTunes™ App Store now. The X-Patch Remote Control searches a network over Wi-Fi for SSL's X-Patch devices. If your X-Patch is connected to a Wi fi network the Remote Control enables selection and recall of individual stored Logictivity™ Presets. There are up to 128 presets per X-Patch found, and where more than one X-Patch is found, each device can be independently selected and controlled.
X-Patch is designed to deliver the flexibility of plug-in style routing to boutique analogue signal processing. X-Patch allows analogue signal processing units to be built into favourite processing chains and then easily placed into signal paths, for example, favourite Mic Pre, EQ & Dynamics processors recalled as the perfect vocal chain at a single stroke.
At its heart, X-Patch is an 'intelligent' 16x16 SuperAnalogue™ audio routing matrix. Control of this sophisticated processing is made simple through SSL's unique Logictivity Browser™; this graphical interface allows the creation of X-Y routes and chains with all configurations able to be saved as presets.
In a studio environment X-Patch speeds up workflow and aids creativity by reducing the constant physical re-patching required when using only a patch bay for routing. Each X-Patch unit also has local MIDI IO for connection to footswitches and other utility MIDI program change devices.
X-Patch Key Features
• Inserts analogue processors into production workflow like plug-ins
• Suited to studio production and live performance applications
• Insert ‘chains’ can be created, saved and recalled
• Browser software controls routing and set up
• Ethernet connection to Mac or PC host computer
• 16 x 16 pure analogue routing matrix
• Rear panel audio connection via 4 x 25 way D-Sub’s
• Front Panel combi inputs and XLR outputs for channels 1 & 2
• SSL SuperAnalogue™ transparent audio performance
• MIDI connectivity enables use of Programmable Foot controllers
• +4dB and -10dB operating levels facilitate use of guitar pedals etc
X-Patch is available now for free from the iTunes App Store.
Solid State Logic is the world’s leading manufacturer of analogue and digital audio consoles and provider of creative tools for music, broadcast and post production professionals. For more information about our award-winning products, please visitwww.solid-state-logic.com.