Nord Keyboards are proud to present the new Electro 5 Series - the latest incarnation of our famous keyboard for the performing musician. Since its introduction in 2001 the Nord Electro has been the natural choice for musicians in need of authentic emulations of classical electro mechanical and acoustic instruments in a portable and easy to use package. With enhancements to every sound-generating section, to its user-interface, and to its functionality, the Electro 5 is more refined, more live-focused, and more flexible than ever.
- Splits and Layers – Piano/Organ, Piano/Sample, Sample/Organ
- 1 GB memory for Nord Piano Library
- 256 MB memory for Nord Sample Library
- OLED Display for excellent overview and readability
- 6 Split Points with LED indicators
- Redesigned Program section with Set List feature
- E-E key range for 5D 73 and 5 HP
- Sympathetic String Resonance
- Dedicated Sample Synth section with Attack/Release and dynamic controls
- Physical Drawbars on 5D 61 and 5D 73 models
- Principal Pipe Organ model
- B3 Tone Wheel Bass
- Leslie 122 simulation from Nord C2D
- Mount for Half-Moon Switch for Rotary Speaker control (5D 61/73)
- All effects now in Stereo
- Tube overdrive simulation
- Vibe effect
- Separate Reverb/Delay effects
- Tremolo, Pan, Ring-Mod and Wah-wah can be controlled with Control Pedal
The new Electro 5 series all feature 1GB of Piano Sample memory, allowing you to bring even more of our unique sampled acoustic and electric pianos on stage. The subtle but effective Sympathetic String Resonance technology derived from the Nord Piano is now implemented in the Electro 5 delivering an unprecedented degree of realism to your performance when using our Grand or Upright pianos.
The piano section of the Electro 5 contains acoustic and electric pianos from the ever-expanding, and freely downloadable Nord Piano Library. Expertly sampled and brimming with unique character, the Grand and Upright Acoustic Pianos, legendary Electric Pianos, Clavinet and Harpsichord, provide a stunning sound palette.
The Electro 5 Organ section features a new Principal Pipe Organ mode as well as the classic Tone Wheel simulation and the highly acclaimed Rotary Speaker simulation of a vintage 122 unit from the award winning Nord C2D Combo Organ.
A new B3 Tone Wheel Bass feature gives you the classic 16” and 8“ bass drawbars in the left hand and can even be used with the Piano and Sample section for a thick and meaty bottom. Both the Electro 5D 61/5D 73 feature physical Drawbars and can accommodate the Nord Half-Moon switch with stop/slow/fast modes (optional accessory).
Sample Synth Section
The new Electro 5 features a dedicated Sample Synth section with expanded memory for the Nord Sample Library (256 MB) and additional controls for attack, decay/release and dynamics (filter/velocity). The Nord Sample Library features a broad selection of free sounds from acclaimed sample producers as well as exclusively licensed sounds of the legendary Mellotron and Chamberlin.
Electro 5 also features new improvements in the Effect section – all effects are now in Stereo, the Delay and Reverb are now separate effects. The Modulation effects now include a Vibe effect and the Amp section features an added Stereo Tube overdrive. Tremolo, Pan, Ring-Mod and Wah-wah effects can all be controlled with a Control Pedal.
Split and Layers
The Nord Electro 5 has two sound slots that can be combined in a layer or split over the keyboard (Organ/Piano, Piano/Sample Synth or Sample Synth/Organ). Each of the sound slots can have specific effects and separate Control Pedal and/or Sustain Pedal assignments. For example chorus and Sustain Pedal on the Piano and some Delay and a Control Pedal on the Sample Synth. The split function includes 6 split points, indicated with LED lights for obvious identification on stage.
Each of the effects sections can be assigned freely to either Upper or Lower parts.
The super clear new OLED display offers excellent overview when selecting sounds and editing programs.
SET LIST FEATURE
The Electro 5 features a new Set List mode that lets you easily organize a group of Programs for each specific song in the list. Each song can consist of up to 4 different Programs, freely assignable from your existing Programs. You can create unique Set Lists for different bands or situations and the names and order can be easily customized on the fly without connecting it to a computer.
ELECTRO 5 MODELS
Three Electro 5 models will be available:
- The Electro 5D 61 and Electro 5D 73 feature semi-weighted waterfall keybeds with 61 notes (key-range C-C) and 73 notes (key-range E-E) respectively. Both feature physical drawbars for the Organ section.
- The Electro 5 HP 73 features a Hammer Action Portable 73 note keybed (key-range E-E) with Nord’s electronic LED drawbars.
- The Electro 5D 61 and Electro 5D 73 weigh just 7 kg and 8 kg respectively, whilst the Electro 5 HP 73 weighs just 11 kg even with its Hammer Action Portable keybed.
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
All models will be shipped in April 2015 with pricing to be announced. Like all Nord keyboards, the Electro 5 is handmade in Sweden with meticulous attention to detail and quality control.
For more information please visit www.nordkeyboards.com/electro5.