An Analog volca Designed to Deliver Powerful Percussive and Chromatic Kick, Bass, and Sub Bass Sounds
With the latest edition of the ever-growing volca series, it’s all about massive kicks, toms, and basses. volca kick starts with a true-analog oscillator and offers drive and MS-20 resonator circuits to shape earth-shattering sounds that can be played and sequenced chromatically. It’s the perfect addition to any volca or desktop hardware set to bring serious boom to the user’s sound production.
As opposed to generating sounds using a typical sine wave, volca kick starts the sound of an oscillating filter from the original MS-20. The powerful filter of the MS-20 self-oscillates when resonance is increased to the maximum, and this is used to produce powerful kick sounds ranging from solid kick drums to crisp kick basses with complex overtones.
volca kick’s 16-step sequencer now has a new Touch FX feature, which provides one-touch sequencer variations and time divisions for even more live performance potential. The pattern chain function lets users connect multiple sequence patterns for successive playback, making it possible to construct large-scale developments of 32, 64, or even 256 steps by joining up to 16 sequences.
“The volca Series has consistently brought renewed attention to classic groove machines and historical synthesis. It now has a new focus. This time, it's the most important sound in dance music: the kick,” shares James Sajeva, Director of Technology Brands for Korg USA, Inc. Like all volcas, kick has a personality all its own, and combining it with other volcas or any other hardware adds unique character to users’ setups. The familiar Audio Sync connection means it plays exceptionally well with other volcas, minilogue, electribe and SQ-1, and the MIDI IN jack lets you use the volca kick as a sound module via DAW or MIDI controller.”
With its compact size, battery operation, and built-in speaker, it's easy to take the volca kick anywhere and perform any time. Available in October of 2016 for $159.99, to learn more or find a dealer visit www.korg.com
volca kick Specifications
- Multi touch keyboard / Step key
- Analog synthesis
- 1 voice
- VCF (no input MS-20 Rev1 filter as resonator), Pulse Generator, VCA, analogue DRIVE, analogue TONE
- Pitch/Octave, Bend, Speed
- Low Pass Filter, 12 db/oct
- Pulse Type, Level
- Amp Attack, Decay
Number of Parts:
Number of Steps:
Number of Recording Patterns:
- 16 (each with its own sound program)
- Pattern Chain, Motion Sequence, Touch FX, Active Step, Accent, Slide, Bend Reverse, Roll (1/4, 1/2, 1/1, 4/3, 2/1, 3/1),
- Octave (1 Oct Up, 2 Oct Up), Sustain, Swing
- Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V)
- Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Output level: 5V)
- AA alkaline battery x 6 or AA nickel-metal hydride battery x 6
- Or AC adapter (DC 9V) (optional)
- Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries)
Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 193 x 115 x 46 mm / 7.60” x 4.53” x 1.81”
- 377 g / 13.29 oz. (Excluding batteries)
- AA alkaline battery x 6 (for verifying operation), Sync Cable
- AC adapter (DC 9V)
* All product, company, and standard names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
* Appearance and specifications of products are subject to change without notice.