The NAMM Show, Anaheim, CA (January 23, 2014) - iZotope, Inc., a leading audio technology company, and GRAMMY®-nominated composer and technologist, BT, have combined creative forces to bring you a drum sculpting and beat sequencing environment that blurs the line between rhythm and melody.
“We are a company that loves to make innovative products, taking the best of the past and forging into the future. We were able to collaborate with BT's forward-thinking vision on BreakTweaker, and we're proud to offer something incredibly unique and brand-new to the world of drum machines,” says iZotope Product Manager, Jack Cote.
Powered by three distinct modules, the Sequencer, the Generator, and a futuristic MicroEdit Engine, BreakTweaker is a creative rhythmic instrument that can be used with any DAW and MIDI controller. Perfect for anyone looking to create truly original and dynamic beats, it’s a new platform for rhythmic composition.
- Manipulate audio at a molecular level: control pitch, rhythm, and texture at the finest resolution available
- Escape traditional drum grids: create complex polyrhythmic beats with unique isorhythm and playback speed settings
- Get over 2 GB of professional, royalty-free content: explore presets, drum samples, and wavetables designed by today's top musicians and DJs, including BT
- Craft your own drum sounds: blend drum samples with robust synthesis features to generate compelling hybrid sounds
- Take control of your beats: Easily trigger and sequence complex patterns and samples using any MIDI controller
Designed by BT
Following their joint release of the live re-mixing plug-in, Stutter Edit, BT and iZotope are now back again with BreakTweaker. Featuring BT's patented micro edit technology based on pioneering rhythmic sound design research, BreakTweaker aims to change the way we think about rhythm and pitch.
“I’ve always been intrigued by the way humans perceive rhythm, particularly the threshold point of where the ear perceives rhythm as pitch,” describes BT, “The idea of exploring and exploiting this threshold inspired BreakTweaker, a tool where I could finally realize rhythmic possibilities that I once imagined but had never before been able to hear.”
iZotope will also be showcasing BreakTweaker at the 2014 NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA. Visit iZotope's NAMM Booth #6920 (Hall A) for live demos.