Electro-Harmonix, a pioneer since 1968 in the field of sound effects for musicians, has produced an app which is a faithful digital re-creation of their circa 1980 analog cult-classic, The MINI-SYNTHESIZER.
Available for iPad and iPhone (IOS version 8.0 or later), the EHX MINI-SYNTHESIZER accurately delivers all the vintage synth sounds of the original plus modern updates.
EHX President and Founder, Mike Matthews stated: "Fans of vintage synths will appreciate the app's ability to re-create the original's warm analog sounds and deep funky bass. But because it's so affordable ($2.99 for phone, $4.99 for tablet), parents, educators and non-musicians will love it, too."
The MINI-SYNTHESIZER app comes with 22 presets and the ability to store an almost unlimited number of user preset programs.
Intuitive, flexible and powerful control are provided by the MINI-SYNTHESIZER's 12 sliders and nine switches. Here's a breakdown of the user interface:
- PITCH slider lets the player raise or lower the pitch of the note by +/-1 octave
- SUB-OCTAVE slider introduces a note one octave below what's being played for extra bottom
- OCTAVE UP switch causes the note being played to jump up one octave
- TUNE knob lets the player tune the MINI-SYNTHESIZER to other instruments and sound sources over a +/-50 cents range
- PHASE RATE slider adjusts the speed of the phase shifter
- FILTER START sets the start frequency of the filter sweep
- FILTER STOP sets the stop frequency of the filter sweep
- SWEEP RATE controls the speed of the filter sweep
- PHASE switch turns the effect on/off
- 2X FILTER switch changes how the audio passes through the filters (either in parallel or in series)
- Q switch sets the amount of resonance on the filter sweep
- RETRIGGER SWITCH turns retrigger on/off
- TIME slider adjusts the delay time up to two seconds
- FEEDBACK controls the number of echo repeats
- BLEND adjusts the mix of the original signal and the echo repeats
- DELAY switch turns the effect on/off
- AMOUNT slider adjusts the reverb effect level
- BLEND slider controls the mix of the wet and dry signals
- REVERB switch turns reverb on/off
- REVERB>DELAY switch lets the user place either Delay or Reverb first in the effects chain for a variety of cool sound effects
- VOL (Volume) slider adjusts the MINI-SYNTHESIZER's overall sound output level
- POLY/MONO switch toggles between polyphonic (four notes can be played simultaneously) or monophonic (only one note can be played at a time) modes
- PRESETS pop-down menu displays the presets available and allows the user to instantly select one
- HORIZONTAL slider lets the player adjust the keyboard's sounding range over an expansive eight-octave range
- RIBBON Interface lets the player perform portamento (glide up or down to pitch), vibrato and other expressive playing
The MINI-SYNTHESIZER also includes a virtual MIDI input, aftertouch (iPhone 6s and 6s Plus), direct connectivity to a DAW as an audio input, an enhanced effects section plus Audiobus and interapp-audio capabilities.
The easy-to-use Electro-Harmonix MINI-SYNTHESIZER App is loaded with great sounds and features and is sure to appeal to serious musicians and non-musicians alike.
For additional info contact email@example.com