SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • July 9, 2013—Universal Audio, manufacturer of quality analog hardware, award-winningUAD Powered Plug-Ins, andApollo Audio Interfaceshave announced the release of thePultec Passive EQ Plug-In Collection. Picking up where UA's legacy Pultec emulations left off, the new Pultec collection revisits two must-have Pultec EQs — the EQP-1A and MEQ-5 — and adds the HLF-3C filter.
Lauded as the most popular outboard studio equalizers ever made, these classic Pultec EQs can be heard on countless hit recordings from the past five decades. The EQP-1A Program EQ is famous for bringing out individual frequency ranges without significantly altering neighboring frequencies, remaining smooth and musical even with extreme levels of boost. With the companion MEQ-5 Mid-Range Equalizer, producers can skillfully tweak the mid-range thanks to its abundance of band overlap and unique filter interactions. Finally, the HLF-3C adds 12 dB per octave low and high cut filters, providing broad, retro-flavored tone sculpting.
The new Pultec Passive EQ Collection models the complex transformer and tube amplifier nonlinearities of these must-have tools, in addition to their unique filter interactions. The result is a dead-on emulation of the Pultec's signature air, silkiness, and warmth.
Available for purchase viaUA's Online Store, the new Pultec Passive EQ Plug-In Collection is selling for $299US, or for $149US for current owners of the legacy Pultec Pro EQ plug-in. This new collection is part of the newUAD Software v7.1, which also includes theMillennia NSEQ-2 Plug-Inand newFlex Routingfor the Apollo and Apollo 16 Audio Interfaces.
Pultec Passive EQ Collection features include:
- Faithful circuit reproduction of the most popular outboard studio equalizers ever made
- Models entire electronic path of three Pultec EQs — including tube amplifiers and transformers — for colorful, highly-musical distortion characteristics
- EQP-1A Program EQ provides silky, vintage highs and tight, focused lows using combined boost/cut resonant shelf dip
- MEQ-5 Mid-Range EQ features broad, overlapping frequency selections for fine peak and dip midrange filter control
- HLF-3C EQ delivers 12 dB cut filter for tonal sculpting or special effects
- Includes artist presets from Neal Cappellino (Alison Krauss, Brad Paisley), Jacknife Lee (U2, R.E.M.,Taylor Swift), David Isaac (Prince, Eric Clapton, Robin Thicke) & more
- RequiresUAD-2 DSP Accelerator CardorApollo Interface, available from authorized dealers worldwide
Download the new UAD v7.1 Software here:
Learn more about the Pultec Passive EQ Collection here:
Learn more about the award-winning Apollo Audio Interfaces here:
Learn more about the award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins:
About UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Powered by Universal Audio's popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and the Apollo Audio Interface, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world's most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, “Analog Ears. Digital Minds.”www.uaudio.com