September 8, 2011 (Berkeley, CA). Keith McMillen Instruments (KMI) today announced 12 Step, the first lightweight and portable Chromatic Keyboard Foot Controller for musicians at the extraordinarily low price point of $289.
With 12 Step, keyboardists, guitar players, bassists, instrumentalists and vocalists can accompany themselves with their feet, playing bass lines, notes and chords. 12 Step opens up a new dimension in performance by giving your feet unprecedented expressive control using polyphonic aftertouch and pitch bend. Upon the heels of the success of SoftStep, KMI’s versatile USB Foot Controller, 12 Step is another leap forward for performing musicians.
12 Step features:
· Play and control your soft-synths, keyboards or sound modules via USB or MIDI*
· Familiar chromatic keyboard layout (13 keys)
· Play up to 5-note chords with a single touch
· Latch notes or chords, toggle them on/off or play legato
· Foot Pressure and Key Tilt supports Channel Pressure and Polyphonic Aftertouch
· Easy to see on stage thanks to backlit keys and display
· Use it with your iPad and iOS devices – just plug and play
· Use your computer to set up assignments and setlists
· Small enough to fit in a backpack, weighs one pound
· Built with rugged elastomeric and carbon composite materials-it’s beer proof!
Said Keith McMillen, CEO and founder of Keith McMillen Instruments, “Today’s modern musician demands the best features in a smaller package and at a lower price point, 12 Step meets these requirements and more.”
12 Step retails for $289.00 USD, the optional MIDI Expander retails for $49.95 USD. 12 Step will be available at leading online and musical instrument retailers worldwide in October, 2011. Online pre-orders are now being taken at http://store.keithmcmillen.com/12-Step/.