Santa Monica, CA, March 30, 2011- Meet Duet 2, by Apogee Electronics, the next generation of the world’s most popular and respected portable recording interface.
Duet 2 is built upon 25 years of Apogee Research and Development. Using cutting-edge components and a state-of-the-art user interface, Duet 2 is the most advanced portable recording design available. A full-color OLED display is only the beginning. Duet 2 features balanced outputs, independent speaker and headphone outputs, configurable touch pads and what many thought impossible, improved sound quality. Duet 2 can record from sampling rates of 44.1 to 192kHz.
Duet 2 is based upon the unprecedented research which made Apogee’s flagship interface, Symphony I/O, a reality and the finest I/O in the world. Duet 2 with USB connectivity features extremely low latency, higher sampling rates and incredible sound quality.
No matter where your creativity takes you, Duet 2 is the best solution for recording music to a Mac. With a new breakout cable design and optional breakout box, Duet 2 is even more streamlined than the original. Duet 2 will transform your Mac into a professional recording studio. World-class microphones are completely at home, sounding absolutely amazing when connected to Duet 2's Mic-Pres. When it's time to mix, Duet 2’s output quality lets you hear your recordings with incredible detail as you put the finishing touches on your musical projects like a pro. Duet 2 sounds so amazing, you won’t want to listen to your iTunes library without it.
“We are very excited to announce Duet 2,” says Apogee CEO and Co-Founder Betty Bennett. “Apogee's Duet completely changed personal recording and Duet 2 continues in the same tradition which is so central to Apogee; elegant design and amazing sound.”
Duet 2 Highlights
• Completely redesigned mic preamps and converters
• 4 outputs, Independent speaker and headphone outs
• Balanced outputs
• USB 2.0 high speed connectivity
• 24-bit/192kHz recording
• Full color OLED display
• Configurable touch pads
• Maestro 2 software
• Breakout box (sold separately)
• Redesigned Breakout Cable
• Soft Limit
Features & Specs
• USB 2.0 Mac audio interface
• 2 Combination Line/Mic/Instrument inputs
• 2 Balanced line outputs, +20 dBu maximum output level
• 1 Independent 1/4” stereo headphone output
• 2 Microphone preamps with up to 75dB of gain
• A/D and D/A Conversion at 24-bit/192kHz
• Top panel high resolution OLED display
• Multi-function controller knob
• Two assignable top panel touch pads:
• Mute speakers, headphones or all outputs
• Assign headphone to outputs 1-2, 3-4 or low latency mixer
• Dim speakers, headphones or all outputs
• Sum to mono speakers, headphones or all outputs
• Selectable 48v phantom power, Soft Limit and phase invert
Price: $595 USD
Availability: April 2011
To learn more about Duet 2, please visit http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/duet2.php.