May 21, 2014 -- Waldorf has just announced that their 2-Pole analog filter, first shown at Musikmesse 2014, is now shipping to distributors and retailers across the globe. Original press release with product details is below.
For some decades now, analogue filters have had a deep impact
on contemporary music. Since its very beginnings, Waldorf has been renowned for the high quality of their analog filters.
Whether these were integrated in stand alone units, such as the 4-Pole, X-Pole
or the AFB16, which enabled the world’s first analogue plug-Ins, or were found inside our synthesizers such as the Wave, the Q +
or the Pulse. You can spot the sound of a Waldorf filter in many top notch music productions, no matter which genre.
a logical consequence, our exclusive analogue filter technology is now
in this novel square box (unexpectedly matching the Rocket
synthesizer). 2-Pole is giving the guitar or bass player, the DJ, or the
keyboard player access to the heart of the Waldorf sound – with an
inspiring user interface with a one knob / one
function philosophy. Spice up your live performances with dramatic
filter sweeps that really cut through. Funk up your guitar licks by
hooking a pedal controller to 2-Poles’ cutoff CV In or using the
integrated envelope follower. Animate your pad sounds using
2-Pole’s LFO. But beware – no matter what you do with this tiny black
box, make sure you set the levels to your amplifiers and speakers
correctly, as 2-Pole is yet another beast from Waldorf – with love!
· Fully analog signal path: Preamp › Filter › Overdrive
· Award winning Waldorf analog multimode filter technology
· Filter can be modulated by LFO, envelope follower
or external signal
· Preamp with overdrive capability for direct connection
of instruments like bass or guitar
· Post-filter overdrive with adjustable gain
· LFO with different ranges, rate up to several kHz
· Envelope follower with trigger section and different
· True Bypass
· Cascadable to stereo (for two 2-pole units)