SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • January 23, 2014 — Universal Audio, a leading manufacturer of professional audio recording hardware and software, is proud to introduce the
Apollo Twin High-Resolution Desktop Interface with Realtime UAD Processing.
This sleek 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac combines the same
high-quality 24/192 kHz audio conversion of Universal Audio's acclaimed
Apollo series with onboard Realtime UAD SOLO or DUO Processing. With
its ergonomic desktop design, rugged aluminum construction, and front
panel headphone and instrument connections, Apollo Twin allows Mac users
to record in real time (at near-zero latency)
through the full range of
UAD Powered Plug-Ins available in the
UA Online Store, including titles from Neve, Studer, Manley, Lexicon, API and more.
Apollo Twin also introduces new Unison™ technology.* Built on an
integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD plug-in
processing, Unison unlocks the authentic tone of the most sought-after
tube and solid state mic preamps — including their
all-important impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and component-level
Apollo Twin will ship with Universal Audio’s "Realtime Analog
Classics" UAD plug-in bundle, featuring legacy editions of the LA-2A
Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A
Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, the
all-new 610-B Tube Preamp plug-in, and more.
Available in both SOLO and DUO models (with either one or two Analog
Devices SHARC processors, respectively), Apollo Twin is now shipping
worldwide with estimated street prices of $699 (SOLO) and $899 (DUO).
* Unison Technology coming to Apollo DUO and Apollo QUAD in early 2014.
Apollo Twin Features
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface with world-class 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through vintage
Compressors, EQs, Tape Machines, Mic Preamps, and Guitar Amp plug-ins
with near-zero (sub-2ms) latency
- Thunderbolt connection for blazing-fast PCIe speed and rock-solid performance on modern Macs
- New Unison technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps
- 2 premium mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical connection
"Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy
editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier,
and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials,
610-B Tube Preamp, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Audio Units, VST, RTAS & AAX 64
- Available with either UAD-2 SOLO or UAD-2 DUO DSP processing onboard