Apogee Quartet compatibility for iPad & iPhone and Apogee Maestro app now available
Santa Monica, California, February 12, 2013 - Apogee Electronics is pleased to announce the availability of iPad, iPhone and iPod touch compatibility for Quartet, a 4 input, 8 output USB audio interface. Maestro, Apogee’s control software for Quartet, is now a free download from the app store and the 30-pin cable for connecting Quartet to any compatible iOS device is available on the Apogee website. A simple firmware update is also required.
Click here for more information about updating Quartet for
Quartet is the first professional multi-channel audio interface that makes a direct digital connection to Apple’s iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Mac. Quartet for iPad and Mac features Apogee’s Maestro control software, iOS device charging, MIDI connectivity, advanced monitor control and professional sound quality. Quartet is the ideal studio control center for multi-channel music recording and mixing on iPad and Mac.
Apple’s iPad has revolutionized music creation with an intuitive touch interface and a universe of powerful and very affordable music apps. Quartet delivers key features to this new paradigm that bring professional multi-channel audio recording to iPad for the first time. Apogee’s Maestro software for iOS lets you control Quartet’s inputs, mic preamps, outputs and set up low latency monitoring. Quartet’s DC power charges iPad while in use so recording is not interrupted. Quartet provides plenty of power for studio headphones, microphones and MIDI keyboards. In addition, Quartet accepts and provides professional audio level (ie. balanced, +4 dBu reference level).
Quartet for iPad and Mac - Highlights
- First professional multi-channel audio interface for iPad
- Direct digital connection to iPod touch, iPhone, iPad
- Works with new iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini (Apple’s Lighting to 30-pin adapter required - Sold separately)
- Works with GarageBand, Auria, MultiTrack and any Core Audio compliant app on iOS
- Works with GarageBand, Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton and any Core Audio compliant app on Mac
- Low latency monitoring, complete input/output control with Apogee’s Maestro software (iOS & Mac)
- MIDI input/output (USB-A type connector)
- DC power supplies charge to iPod touch, iPhone or iPad
- USB 2.0 audio with 24-bit/192kHz A/D and D/A conversion
- 4 Analog inputs with world-class mic preamps and selectable 48v phantom power
- 6 Balanced analog line outputs
- ADAT/SMUX digital Inputs
- Monitor control - up to 3 speaker sets
- 1 Independent 1/4” stereo headphone output
- QuickTouch pads for input/output selection and advanced control
- Legendary Apogee sound quality
- Designed in California - Made in the U.S.A.
- Computer: Intel Mac 1.5GHz or faster
- Memory: 2 GB RAM minimum, 4 GB recommended
- OS: 10.6.8, 10.7.4 or greater
- Connection and power: Any available USB port on a Mac
- Power: DC Power supply included
- iOS version: 5.1.1 and later
- Connection: 30-pin dock connector
- DC Power supply included
iOS device compatibility (Lightning connector)
- iPod touch* (5th generation)
- iPhone 5*
- iPad* (4th generation)
- iPad mini*
* Requires Apple’s Lightning to 30-pin adapter. Sold separately.
iOS device compatibility (30-pin connector)
- iPod touch (4th generation)
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPad (3rd generation)
- iPad 2
Availability: iOS Compatibility and Maestro App now available!
About Apogee ElectronicsApogee Electronics is an award-winning manufacturer of digital audio recording equipment, delivering the most advanced and best-sounding products to its customers since 1985. Apogee products are used in some of the most prestigious recording studios around the world and have been instrumental in making countless GRAMMY® and OSCAR® winning recordings.