Propellerhead releases new Parsec synth for Reason
October 29, 2013
Stockholm/ Sweden Oct. 29th, 2013 (ictw) –
Propellerhead announce today the immediate availability of Parsec, a new
synthesizer for Reason, Propellerhead’s acclaimed music production
software for Mac and PC. Parsec adds a new style of synthesis
to the rack and allows for a wealth of brand new sounds, textures and
Parsec offers impressive tones for charismatic hooks, build-ups, pads,
atmospheres and otherworldly sounds. It’s built to inspire, regardless
of the musical genre it is used in: indiepop, techno, house or bass
Technically Parsec is an additive synthesizer, based around two advanced
oscillators consisting of 512 partials each that are sculpted through
two “modifiers”. There are 2 envelopes and 2 LFOs that can modulate
parameters. There is also a delay and a reverb
that add to the sonic palette, and a modulation bus, familiar to users
of Propellerhead’s Thor synth.
· Additive synthesis without taxing your CPU—or your brain.
· A new palette of inspiring synth sounds for the Reason Rack.
· It's a vocoder too, with modulation from Parsec's audio input.
· Amazing sound bank with inspiring sounds for electro house,
bass music, minimal techno,
electronic indie and pop, far-out experimental, and more.
· Based on interesting algorithms that encourage experimentation
without requiring technical knowledge of additive synthesis.
· Integrated with the Reason rack: control Parsec from other sources;
run audio through it; combine it with other instruments.
· Two engines that make up a single sound. Use one engine
for the attack and another for sustain. Or use both at the same time
for ultra thick tones!
· Super-flexible internal routing with plenty of modulation sources.
The "Parsec in Action" Video is available at:
Pricing and Availability
Parsec is available immediately from the Propellerhead Rack Extension store for USD 119,- and Euro 99,-