iZotope Announces Nectar 2
September 18, 2013
Inc., Cambridge, MA (September 18, 2013) - iZotope Inc., a leading
audio technology company, has announced the next version of iZotope’s
award-winning vocal processing technology, Nectar. Coming in October
2013, Nectar 2 will bring the best of digital innovation
and analog character into a complete set of tools specifically for
“We were excited to revisit what made Nectar so ideal as a vocal
processing plug-in,” says Brett Bunting, Product Manager for iZotope
Inc. “We’ve spent a lot of development time incorporating new ideas
designed with our users in mind. Nectar 2 users won't believe
how quickly they’ll be able to recreate classic vocal sounds or invent
brand new ones.”
With Nectar 2, add character to tracks with modeled plate reverb,
harmonic saturation, and new creative effects. Stay in tune, remove
distracting breaths without the need for audio editing, transform a
single vocal take into a harmonized ensemble, and much
- Add harmonies to vocal tracks with the new Harmonizer. Play with
intelligent automatic settings or define your own with a MIDI
- Add space and character to vocals with the EMT
140-modeled Plate Reverb module, featuring a unique saturation control
to emulate the original plate's preamp.
- Finesse vocal takes quickly with the new Pitch Editor and Breath Control plug-ins.
- Explore seven new creative effects in the new FX module.
- Dive in with a streamlined Overview panel for simple adjustments and added metering for visual feedback.
- Choose from 150+ new presets in styles that range from classic to modern.
Customers who purchased Nectar after August 1, 2013 will receive a free
upgrade to Nectar 2 upon release. Special upgrade pricing will be
available for all previous Nectar and Nectar Elements customers upon
Sign up to hear when Nectar 2 becomes available: www.izotope.com/nectar2.
Nectar 2 can be used as plug-ins in your favorite host. Supported
plug-in formats include 64-bit AAX (Pro Tools 11), RTAS/AudioSuite (Pro
Tools 7.4-10), VST, VST 3, and Audio Unit.