Video Revolution in the Classroom
Alan Parsons Art and Science of Sound Recording Announces Educational License
The award-winning, 10-hour video series Alan Parsons’ Art & Science Of Sound Recording has now been launched as an app for Mac & PC, with prices ranging from
$60-$80 per seat.
Producers Keyfax NewMedia have been working on the new ASSR Educational License for almost a year in consultation with leading UK music education specialist
Andrew Kitchenham from The Music Technology Centre.
and colleges who have already been using the DVD set can now utilize
this body of work in a fast, easy-to-access and interactive way for the
Installed on all your workstations for individual and fast access
place of the original 3-DVD set comes an elegant, custom USB card that
can install ASSR on every workstation in your music lab. Students can
now learn from and
refer to this encyclopedic body of work right as they undertake a music
video browser is a fantastic rapid-access tool for finding specific
parts within each of the 24 video Sections (EG ‘polar patterns’ within
the Microphone Section).
Clicking on a Section’s Lesson Guide skips you straight to that point in
Interactive bonus materials online
with access to the internet allow students to use bonus features like
ASSR’s Student Center. After registering on the website using their
code, students can take the online Quizzes—one per video Section.
Teachers can view the result to monitor comprehension, or even to use
them as the basis for grades. The Quizzes are not only fun, they have
immense value in reinforcing learning and are a huge
aid to teaching staff.
videos, source material such as uncompressed audio files, forums and
even direct access to special education pricing on equipment, complete
the Student Center.
students can log into the Student Center from any location, which makes
this a potentially important ‘distance learning’ component.
Student Center is free to all students for the first year. In
subsequent years an admin fee of just $299 covers an entire class—not
just the number of licenses
Gates described video learning tools as ‘the future of education’ at
the Monterey TED conference in 2011. Adding ‘Alan Parsons’ to your
teaching staff—most crucially
on a one-on-one basis—will give you a modern, interactive and
competitive edge in the fast-growing field of music, media and recording
Main Features of the ASSR Educational License
- All 10 hours of award-winning video permanently and instantly available on individual workstations.
- Quick and easy navigation to all the different topics within each video.
- Video controller bar allows play/pause, time skipping, volume, and full screen controls.
- Available for PC (Window XP, Windows 7) or Mac (10.6 and above) platforms in English, Spanish and German language versions.
- Any number of Educational Licenses can be purchased. Even One!
- Access to ASSR website Student Center for source materials, bonus material, forums and the Quizzes.
Student Center access for 1 year lets every individual student take the
online Quizzes—regardless of the number of Educational Licenses
- Installation on all your workstations ensures all your students have access to the same opportunities.
- Build projects and assignments around the material in the series.
the confidence that all your students will gain a solid grasp of the
fundamentals of audio and recording—without you having to drill it into